Sunday, November 2, 2014

I guess I should say I am glad that Joshua is my only climber, but goodness, I am not ready for this. lol Will and I had the best talk tonight. It started off with us marking dates on the calendar. I marked his birthday and my anniversary. Will asked what that was and I told him it was like a birthday for our marriage. He asked what you do on an anniversary and I told him we might go out to eat or go on a special date. He began to get very anxious and concerned, to the point of tears, that if we went on a date without him, I wouldn't have time for him. Dave and I haven't had a date since we lived in Provo, so I sat Will down and talked about how moms and dads are supposed to go on dates and that once our house is reasonably put together, we will get babysitters for a couple of hours once or twice a month so we can go out. I had to go through why dates are important and how just like I need special time with my kids, I also need it with daddy. Then this... Will: Once you go on a date for your anniversary, we should go on more dates. Me: (quiet chuckle) Why? Will: Because I love you more than daddy loves you. Oh my, I couldn't hold the tears back. Will is so attached to me. I can't leave him without giving him a hug and a kiss or he has a major episode and even then, it's hard for him to be without me for too long. He wants to go everywhere with me. And he even cried telling me he never wanted to get married because he doesn't want to leave me. I told him he'd never have to, but he might change his mind ;) So, continuing on, I talked about how me and Dave need to have a happy marriage and that going on dates helps keep us happy. Then I don't know why I said this, but I told him about our neighbor that is divorced and said I want to try and have as strong a family as I can because I don't want daddy to ever want to leave me. Me: Wouldn't you be sad if daddy left? Will: (starting to sound emotional) Well I would just be so sad and cry and cry for ever if you left. Then there was a lot of I would never leave you talk and then he said, "Well if you ever leave, I'm coming with you." lol In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have talked about parents leaving families, but it just came out. Then he proceeds with talk about us dying. Will: Well if you and daddy both die, I will just be all alone. I won't know what to do with Maddy... or Joshy.... I won't even know what to do with myself. :'( At this point I'm like bawling and go through the whole thing about how when we don't know what to do, we just ask Heavenly Father, etc... And then list off all of my family who would help take care of them if anything ever did happen like that. He really is so scared about dying. He told me once if he died, he would float up to outer space and be so alone and scared. Anyway, It was an interesting talk and I think ended pretty well. Halloween was ok. Kids had too much sugar and were going crazy. Yesterday I went to 6 stores to get marked down decorations and props for next year. We are going to have an awesome yard next year!

2 comments:

  1. Neat conversation. I'm sure you were guided in what you said. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete