Thursday, February 26, 2015

We had the missionaries over for dinner.  It was kinda fun since we have never done that before.  I was waiting for today to be over before I start ripping up carpet in the tv room to finish tiling downstairs.  I should be all done, except for the pantry and bathroom, by mid March.
 I never really read all that much to the kids before.  I mean I did but it was never every day, maybe once or twice a week I'd read a couple of books.  Well, I read the Indian in the Cupboard to them a few months ago and they liked it and so I figured I would get some more advanced books like that to read to them.  It's a lot better than trying to make up stories every night and I read a chapter every night.  I read a Unicorn book I got Maddy at the book fair and this week we are reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.  I bought some goose bump books from DI since I remember liking those when I was younger and I ordered a big lot of Judy Bloom books off of ebay.  I want to read some Ramona books next.  I actually am very glad I have started doing this.  I want so much to spend quality time with the kids and some days I just have too much going on.  So this has become something we all look forward to.  It also is nice that I am also interested in the story since teddy bears and princesses don't really get me excited.  Joshua doesn't really say much yet.  Mostly he says nanana(banana) and g'dow(get down).  So, today I was moving the trash can away from him too many times and the last time when he started reaching in it I said, "No, no, no!"  He totally started walking away saying, "no, no, no."  haha  It has been very nice to slow down and take it easy this month, though I have spent plenty of time decorating and cleaning.  It's finally getting to the point where I can say I love living here!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I loved reading to you but didn't do it consistently. Your mom was always the consistent reader. Hardly a day went by when she wasn't reading something to you all. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been good about reading either, but this last year I've been much better out of necessity for one of my kids. Did you make white chili? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my favorite books in the whole world are by the author of The Indian in the Cupboard: The Farthest Away Mountain and The Fairy Rebel. When Maddy's a little older I bet she'd like those. Hannah really likes The Farthest Away Mountain so far.

    ReplyDelete