Monday, December 8, 2014

Well, do you know what we are never doing again? Installing a ducted hood vent :P We ran into problems left and right and I went to the hardware store about a hundred times. Anyway, it is finally in and I am excited to get all of the tools and everything out of the kitchen and work on other things. We still need to put the trim and molding around the cabinets, but Dave doesn't want to do that until everything else is done. I also finished staining the stair rail; not perfect, but much improved over peeling white paint. I will probably wait till spring to finish the banister part. I get exhausted just looking at it. All the little nooks and crannies with paint stuck everywhere are just too much right now. Will's birthday was Saturday. We went to chuck e cheese and then to his favorite restaurant, Village Inn. I had big plans of taking him to build-a-bear in the mall to build his own stuffed animal, but when we got there he rudely dismissed the idea. I mean, I don't mind if he doesn't want a stuffed animal, but we had a talk about being kinder about these things. So after I got over not wanting to get him anything, we went home and I gave him a stunt racer lego's thing that was for Christmas. He loved that and then later that night I gave him that Love You Forever book and read it to him while trying not to cry. I also gave him The True Story of the Three Little Pigs. He was very excited to get books. lol

2 comments: