I had a dream last night. In my dreams, I am usually a good flier. I fly a lot in my dreams. I have, in a sense, mastered being able to fly on command. The only thing about flying is that if I start going too high, I lose faith in my ability and will start to fall. So, occasionally I will test the limits of this, but usually I stay within maybe 500 feet off the ground. So, in my dream, I was flying over the trees with ease just enjoying life with this carefree attitude, when I came across what looked like a wall of tree stumps stacked up. Seemed like a couple hundred feet tall. I became distracted and flew down towards the blockade. When I was near the wall of stumps, I started to wonder if I would be able to rise again over the wall and then fear set in and I started to doubt myself. As I continued losing hope and floating slowly towards the ground, I grabbed on to the stumps at the top of the wall. I wanted to make it over the wall and with doubt fogging my mind, I could no longer rely on my skills of flying. I had to try another way and the only way I saw was to grab on and pull myself over the wall. At this moment, I saw myself as I watched from above. I was struggling. I started to perspire and soon became drenched in my own sweat. But I did not lose sight of my goal. I was going to make it over that wall. It was at that moment that I realized I needed those stumps to hold on to. Yes, they were a hurdle and it would be nice if they weren’t there to begin with, but at that moment, that was where I was and I wanted to stay high in the air, to be free again, so I had to use what I had available to me to make it over the mountain of stumps and be able to fly free again. I pondered in my dream what this meant in relation to trials and tribulations in my real life. When I realized I could use those stumps to make it to my end goal, it became easier for me to climb and eventually I did make it over where I could fly again. This dream has taught me a few things. 1)I could use, and perhaps, maybe even needed obstacles in my life to overcome to keep me spiritually high and close to the Savior. 2) It didn’t matter what I was capable of doing before, when I began to doubt with the truths I already knew and believed in, I needed something new. Something different, something more this time to help me to get higher and stay faithful. 3) That I desired to endure was the one thing that kept me holding on long enough before I could learn what I needed to help me make it over in the end.
I feel like I should give a talk now.😂🤣
Wonderful parable! Very meaningful.
ReplyDelete