Saturday, April 4, 2015

We were hosting lunch for Dave's family and I usually try to get everything set up before so I don't stress out.  I also freak out a little bit when people try to do things that aren't the way I have imagined in this setting.  So, I had everything set out on the island how I wanted it and am cutting strawberries - the last thing I had to do and people would be showing up.  I also had stacks of cups next to the drink dispenser.  I am doing pretty good and making good time when I look over and see Will filling all the cups and setting them on the table.  I immediately freaked out for some unknown reason, well actually because I had imagined everyone would grab their own cup when they were going through the line and sit where they wanted.  I didn't think I was freaking out too bad, but it was enough and Will ran out of the room and started crying, but trying to hide it.  I felt so bad, what did it even matter?  He usually gets angry and it's easy to just ignore his feelings when he is throwing a fit, but causing him sadness was something I never wanted.  I immediately apologized and told him why I freaked out but that it was actually better his way and then we talked later on about it again, but it was the saddest thing.  I never want to make him cry.  I still feel awful about it even though he said he forgave me. 

2 comments:

  1. Pray for his resilience. That is a constant prayer in our household...Love you.

    ReplyDelete