Truth be told, I don’t know what I want to do with my life because I want to do too many things. I have discovered that I really enjoy seeing how things work. I enjoy building things because I take lots of boring things and creating something pleasing. This is why Dave thought I might like programming. I think I just need more visual stimulation during the process. I don’t know, maybe I didn’t give it enough time, but for now I am moving on to other possibilities. I have been wanting to learn massage therapy so I could know about muscles and where and what to do to help heal the body. After my surgery, I went to get lymphatic massages every week, so I was curious what exactly was happening with my lymphatic system during this recovery process. I started watching YouTube classes about it and found a channel that explains really well and I’m able to understand what is going on in my body. So, I decided I wanted to kinda start from the beginning and then continue learning about anatomy and physiology. So I’ve been watching classes on The Chemistry of Life. I thought I’d skip over the science of atoms and compounds and whatever else, but since our body uses chemistry for nearly everything going on, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to review my forgotten knowledge of these things. I finally understand for the first time what things do and mean that I just skipped over in high school because it was confusing. Anyway, she starts discussing enzymes and I started wondering what enzymes were in the stomach and liver, which is where everything gets metabolized. Next I’m looking up about ulcers and the medication that I was given and how exactly those things were helping to fix the ulcer. Anyway, I am totally amazed at how life works. I’m constantly thinking, “Oh, that must be why...” Lightbulbs! I don’t know if I will do anything related to that field, but for now it’s very enlightening!
I LOVE to learn! Everything. I, too, have, after years of living life, finally understood something I didn't fully comprehend in high school or college. Learning has to be tied to something to understand. I am glad you are at a point you can pursue learning.
ReplyDeleteThat’s awesome! I love learning too... wish I could get several degrees. I bet you would be great in the medical field, or any field that is a “doing” rather than sitting field.
ReplyDeleteYou not only have a gift for understanding, but you are able to explain things to others. You need a forum to learn and share. Love you
ReplyDelete