Monday, October 2, 2017
At work today a lady and her little girl came to check out. The girl was five but looked 3 or 4. I had noticed the mom signing to the girl earlier. After talking to the mom she told me her daughter was deaf and also had been having heart problems. She had already had open heart surgery in August and was having complications with that and wasn't sure how many more Halloweens she would have, so she wanted to make it special. I could tell she was having a rough day and I really felt for her especially with mom in the hospital and possibly having to do surgery in the future. I rang up her stuff and while she was chasing her daughter who had run off, I quickly paid for her things. She came back with one more thing and I rang it up and the total was like 5 something, so when I said the total was 5, she looked up confused. I told her I took care of the other stuff and she put her hands over her face and started crying. I came over and gave her a hug. I'm so grateful for what we have been blessed with and I am grateful that I was able to do something so little that meant something more to them. The girl showed me her heart scar and her mom told her daughter I was her friend. I leaned the words beautiful, thank you, and you're welcome. I hope things work out for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You made me cry, but I needed it. Love you.
ReplyDeleteLinda, you have such a beautiful soul. Love you. (I too am crying)
ReplyDelete