So, in an effort to do something fun and different for dates and stuff, Dave and I invested in a Bob Ross kit. Ever since I was young, I thought it would be fun to paint along with a show. Dave painted most of this, but I helped with some bushes and other small details. We put paint thinner on with the base coat, which was a mistake. Our clouds blended instead of being fluffy and everything was just too wet altogether. However, I think it looks pretty amazing considering. It took way longer than we thought, so we'll have to finish the other half another time. It was such a nice weekend, we let the kids out and Maddy rode her bike for the first time. We can't find training wheels for Wills bike, so, he didn't really try to ride. I got some yard work done pulling out old weeds and pruning some bushes since I know once the wasps come out, I will not come out. I would very much like to have a taken care of yard though, so we'll see what I can do. I also installed 3 new lantern lights outside. They are a lot bigger than the old ones and let off a lot more light. I like them. Now that we have days where it gets a little warmer 40s & 50s, we've also been organizing the garage. We got pegboard for all our tools and put some shelves up. We got some bids for the downstairs bathroom and luckily the sewage pipes are right under where the bathroom will go, so as soon as I have time to pull the rest of the drywall off, we will rent a jackhammer (doing ourselves will cost $50 and a few hours instead of paying someone else $1300) and then we'll be ready for the plumber to come put in pipes. I had to put that project off to tile in the laundry area since we got a new washer and dryer. The kids now can and have been doing their own laundry; it has been great! We got the detergent pods so they don't have to mess with measuring stuff and they can just throw a pod in the wash and press a button that we programmed in.






Wow. Dave's looks good. Where is yours, Linda?
ReplyDeleteIt was Dave's idea for one of us to paint while the other watched, but mostly I think he just didn't want to spend the money on a second set of brushes and another easel. lol
DeleteGreat! You guys are really ambitious to use a jack hammer. Be careful! Love you all.
ReplyDeleteHappy Trees! Looks great.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteLooks good... how fun! You definitely get a lot done... all of the time! I bet Will could ride his bike without training wheels with a little help first... half the kids here take there's off in Kinder and the other half in 1st grade... probably because they can't compete in the school's bike ride with them on and they all want to compete, lol.
ReplyDelete