Thursday, June 18, 2015

I just have to vent a little bit.  Dave doing scouts is, frankly, making me angry.  They literally just had a campout the weekend before last and now they have another one tomorrow.  Then I'm told at a church meeting summers are full of campouts.  What the heck… I thought family was supposed to be top priority here and I can only think of my sleepless nights with all the kids and getting more miserable.  If he was getting paid I can see how they could ask that of leaders, but he's not.  And my cousin is in town and I haven't seen Grandma in a few weeks, so I was planning on going over there, but I don't know how I'm going to get over there because Dave has to take the van to the campout.  And even though there's a campout, they are still doing their regular weekly scout meeting tonight!!!  Filled with frustration!!!  Why don't they call older men with older kids to this calling?  The other leader has like 6 kids and just had a baby.  I can only assume she is equally frustrated. :(

4 comments:

  1. I can give some of the kids a ride, and we can caravan. And put an aebleskiver pan under Dave's pillow while he's gone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't make him feel bad for doing his calling. One day, he will be doing it with Will...or someone else that does that calling well. What goes around, comes around. Having said that, Dave does have a say as to what days they go so prior planning on your part....way prior, will help him with a calendar to go to those meetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was a stake one and I just found out today that he had to take the day off tomorrow and has to be there at 7:30AM! How can they ask people to take off of work - a day that should have gone to time off for family? Now I have to take Will to swim lessons sans van and he'll have to be in the front seat of the other car :/ I'm so mad right now, I feel like writing the stake guy a rude email. Hello…we all have young kids and need our husbands! And it doesn't help I am on the verge of a panic attack.

      Delete