Saturday, January 17, 2015

I finished laying tiles in the front area.  I have set a day for putting up baseboards as next Saturday, so everything else has to get done on time.  I was up till 11:30 because for some reason I thought it would only take a couple of hours so I started at 4.  Sigh... Today I clean and seal, Monday and Tuesday I grout and Friday is the final seal and then I will take a couple of weeks off.  I said we could host a family dinner here, so I want the downstairs mostly looking done.  My hands were so raw, they felt like sand paper.  I moved the dining table under the chandelier and had to call Cheryl because I was so excited.  I'm beginning to realize my vision! Costco had their rugs on sale so I got a 7.5x10 for $79 for under the table.  I'm thinking about getting one more for the TV room, but we'll see.  Maddy had been getting in trouble a lot this morning and came in and said, "You just think I'm the worst ever."  I told her I don't make kids that are the worst ever, I only make kids that are the best ever and sometimes the "best ever" make mistakes and get in trouble.  She hugged me and said I was the best mom.  :). Every once in a while I feel like I handle things the right way...

2 comments: