Sunday, November 3, 2013

The lost contact

We had ward conference today and one of the things talked about was our need to own our impressions and having faith to carry through. Our stake president used this story in his talk today. An elder wrote home and this is pretty much how the story goes. He was out with his companion and somehow one of his contact lenses had come out and as he held it in his hand getting ready to put back in his eye, the wind blew it right off his finger. Having horrible vision in both eyes, he and his companion looked on the gravel for 20 minutes with no luck for the lost contact. The elder then prayed and tried to reason with the Lord that despite whatever lesson he was supposed to learn from this, they had 3 appointments they needed to be going to that day and his contact was very much needed. After, the Elder had an impression that he should take out his other contact and put it back in. As he followed the prompting, he took the contact out of his eye, and just as he was about the put it back in the wind blew the contact off of his finger yet again. Now he was pretty much blind so all he could do was sit there and pray his companion would be able to find the contacts. As he sat there, his companion yelled, "I see it. It's still in the air." "Don't let it out of your site," the blind elder said. "Now it's coming down,"the companion shouted. "Keep following it," pleaded the elder. Then his companion yelled, "Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH!" Pause...Pause...Pause... The second contact that the elder felt impressed to take out of his eye had blown and landed almost exactly on top of the other lens. I thought it was a great story. I have to get dinner ready, but I just wanted to share this first.

2 comments:

  1. Cool story. Sorry I didn't see that you updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good story. I can't see when you update since this is private, so I'll just have to make sure I check this once or twice a week. I wonder if you got one of those "follow by e-mail" things on the side of your blog, if it would e-mail us everytime you update... maybe the private setting wouldn't affect that... I don't know. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete